Reflections...Confessions...Thoughts...Prayers...Worship

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Amsterdam Day 4

I've had less time to get on the Internet than I expected over here. I'm still hoping to give a more detailed update and some pictures soon. We are fully recovered from the jet lag and the time is really flying by - way to fast. Our team traveled to a nearby city - Nijmegen (Matt Mcclure is still having trouble pronouncing this one). We teamed up with Eric Asp's home group to "spy" on the city as a potential future church plant for Zolder 50. It was a brand new experience for me, and it went really well. Today I saw Alex from last year. He seems to be doing very well and also seemed really happy to see me. I hope to talk with him more about his experiences over the past year with God.

Now we are back in Amsterdam with only 5 days left! I really hope to get some quality time talking with people in the city this week. Our weather has been perfect so far - sunny and low 70's each day (very rare for Holland).

As I said, I hope to post some pictures soon. Thanks for all of your comments. Feel free to post your favorite memories of past trips (if you've been here).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see that picture of you guys. I can tell you are having fun and it seems like God is really encouraging all of you. Cant wait to hear more. I am praying.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Jason Slack said...

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Alex again. I'm thinking of calling him tonight to hang out with the team. The walking is definitely nice and the weather has been strangely perfect! The coffee is as dark and delicious as ever. Stroop Waffels are still my favorite Dutch "treat". If you're lucky, you might just get one when I return. Thanks to both of you for praying for us. I can honestly tell that we are supported from everyone back home.

3:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home