Reflections...Confessions...Thoughts...Prayers...Worship

Sunday, July 17, 2005

so many weddings!

I participated in my fourth wedding of this month yesterday (we have one more next weekend). This comes with the territory in college ministry. Each one is unique and demonstrates love in a different way. Yesterday I sat in the very front -- in front of all of the pews and in front of the pastor and couple getting married. I sat by the organ when I wasn't playing guitar or singing. This seat gave me a view of the couple like I've never had while participating in a wedding before. I could see their every gesture. I've known this couple for about four years now. They've been very involved in our church and traveled with me on mission trips to Amsterdam. I was moved to see their love for each other as I sat in the front of their wedding. Matt cried for joy at the realization of God's gift to him through Kim. A bride is such a precious gift. I am grateful for the reminder of God's provision and of the joy that comes from being obedient to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home