Reflections...Confessions...Thoughts...Prayers...Worship

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The rabbit never saw it coming. . .


innocent bunny


My wife hit a poor, defenseless rabbit (I think it may have been a baby) this weekend. We were driving home from her parents in the middle of a deep conversation when I saw the little guy dart out into the road. There were no squealing tires or swerving, just a quick and distinct "thump-thump". I looked up from the road at Lindsay expecting her to be a wreck of emotion at the thought of ending the life of a small, cute animal. Not only was she unrepentant, but she told me that ". . . there are too many of those little animals running around. We should kill them more often." After only 1 year of marriage, I am still getting to know my wife. I love her more and more as the days go by.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What is it with Slacks and little furry creatures? You chase squirrels with microphones...your wife maliciously destroys bunnies. Stay away from Slacks.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Praise God for fewer bunnies! they have eaten more than half of our flowers this year. GO LINDSEY!!!

3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This just reminds me of how much I miss Jason's clever and dry wit.

(Bunnies are the devil's tool)

10:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can you call yourself a christian and make jokes about killing things? i don't mean to spam or insult you but i really am shocked and disappointed in your attitude that is so lacking in reverence for life. sheesh!

10:36 AM

 
Blogger Jason Slack said...

Thanks for your concern. I really do love life. It's just that, in our fallen world, death is a reality that all creatures face. I don't see the harm in using a little humor to lighten this up at times. It certainly has very little to do with my relationship with Jesus Christ, but more to do with an unfortunate little rabbit that got confused and ran out in front of my wife's car.

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home