Reflections...Confessions...Thoughts...Prayers...Worship

Friday, July 22, 2005

o give me a home. . .

I visited Buffalo, NY this past Monday and Tuesday with some friends. We were scoping out possible sites for a GCM church plant. The hope is to find another campus that has a need for something similar to h2o at Bowling Green. Buffalo was just one of the 6 or 7 Universities that we've visited so far this summer. The road trip was a blast with these friends, but it confirmed 2 conflicting facts:
1. There is certainly a need for our ministry on the campus.
2. None of us want to live in Buffalo :(

So I've been asking myself lately what a calling might look like to a specific place. How much do I weigh the different factors of a place? The need is certainly important, but so is desire. I don't think God wants us to look at dozens of campuses and solely choose one based on "statistical analysis" - the best logistical option. I believe He will give us a heart and a vision for a specific place based on many different factors - perhaps only a few of them are statistical. One thing is sure; I want to have a heart for a specific people; I want to be overwhelmingly drawn to a place - a place where I know that being obedient to God means going. I am patiently waiting for this place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the midst of all the confusion to where God is calling us to go, I just love knowing that we will be going together. You are a terrific man of God!

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home