Reflections...Confessions...Thoughts...Prayers...Worship

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

in the morning. . .

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

I love waking up before the rest of the world -- seeing the sunrise and accomplishing more before 8am than the rest of the world does by noon. I love being with the Lord early in the morning. Not that it's more spiritual or that He rewards my discipline any more than others; I just love the solitude and the feeling of being different. It lays the foundation for the rest of my day.

But lately I can't wake up. I'm not going to bed later or sleeping uneasy. I've just lost the motivation to be awake in the morning. I know there's something deeper at work here -- perhaps a sort of battle to fight. Lord prepare me for battle in the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I feel the same way, Jason (revelling in the opportunity to get up early, connect with God, get much accomplished, etc.)... I'm sorry to hear that it's been a struggle lately, though. Why does life always seem to be so seasonal and cyclical?

1:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home